A Guide To Help You Make Your Home Smell Amazing
Scent smells are just as important as the visual decor. Smells help to bring together the design elements in any room to provide an experience.
Our brains work very similar to processing emotion when it comes to smells. This explains why everything we smell we can usually recall a memory or a feeling. Rooms and scented places have two effects. They can bring up old memories from our past or create brand new memories.
Finding A Scent For Your Home
Finding the right scent for your home is important. You want a scent that you would fall in love with and that you feel would suit your home. This is one of the first steps in making any home smell good. The best way to find the perfect scent for your home is by doing the following. The first thing you would want to do is smell a few scents while doing this try to focus on your feelings about this type of scent. Your nose is your best friend when looking to find a scent that would suit your home.
The scent that you will end up choosing should match the smells in your home, rather than trying to contrast the smells which at times can be overwhelming. Consider how you want your house to feel. Whether you want it to feel energizing, relaxing, cosy or stimulating. This way you can look at many varieties of scents to achieve this feeling. As an example, if you wish to have an inviting and cosy home, scents such as cinnamon and vanilla are perfect. If you require something fresher, energizing and more brighter try using fresh linen, fruits, and cut grass.
How To Prepare Your Home For A New Scent
Now that you have found a scent that you love. You will want to get it into your home as soon as possible. You want to take a few steps beforehand to get a much better effect from your new scent. This could be very important especially if you have pets and young children.
First thing you will need to do is give your home a good cleaning and air it out by opening the windows. Get rid of any old clutter as the dirt can cause old bad smells. Give the home a good clean so that it is smelling fresh. Open windows and doors to let in the fresh air is a really good idea.
Introducing Your Chosen Scent
Introducing your new scent into your home isn’t rocket science, you can, however, change the strengths of the scent. Here are some helpful ways to help your home smell great.
- Oil Burners and Candle Burners – You can find a wide range of scents in essential oils that can burn on a burner which will give off a nice strong smell.
- Scented Candles – scented candles are one of the most popular ways to scent your home. They provide a nice smell as well as a cosy atmosphere with a light source. You could also attempt at making your very own scented candles.
- Boiling water – This is an old trick but very simple to do and also really effective. Boil a small pot of water and keep it on low heat. Now you will want to add your favorite scented items such as vanilla, cinnamon sticks, coffee beans, orange peels or cloves.
- Diffusers are becoming a very popular choice as they come in a wide range of scents and styles. They are also perfect for changing the smell in smaller areas of the home. Making them ideal for use in each room of the home with many different scents throughout the house. These do not require a burning flame so they are more pet and child safe.
Other Ways To Make Your Home Smell Amazing
AS well as introducing your new favorite scent into your home. There is a wide range of other things that you can do to also improve the smell of your home.
- Fresh Bean Coffee. Fresh coffee throughout the day can provide your home with an inviting smell. Take it up a bit further by filling a cup with coffee beans place a vanilla tea light inside the cup. Light up the tea light and you will get an infused smell of vanilla and coffee beans.
- Cooking and baking. There is no better smell than freshly baked food such as bread, cookies and cakes. Take advantage of the kitchen and bake up some cakes for a smell that will make its way around the house.
- Flowers. For the best fresh smell consider buying fresh flowers. Choose your favorite type of flowers and put them on display in your house. There is nothing like the smell of fresh flowers.