Composite & uPVC Door Cleaning Guide.
Composite doors and uPVC are very popular these days. With lots of homeowners opting for composite and uPVC doors when replacing or upgrading their doors. There are many reasons for people to choose these kinds of doors, they are really strong, stylish and secure doors. The best thing about composite & uPVC doors is that they are very low maintenance. They are very easy to keep clean and require very little to no maintenance work. Making them the perfect choice for most homeowners.
Before composite and uPVC doors the most popular choice would have been wooden doors. When it came down to it wooden doors required a bit more maintenance than the more modern doors. Painting and treatment solutions for wooden doors prevent the door from rotting. Without this kind of care, the wooden door would become prone to warping, twisting and even rotting. uPVC doors and composite doors do not need to be treated or painted. Giving a composite door or a uPVC door a quick light wash every now and again will help to keep the door looking new.
How To Clean uPVC & Composite Doors.
To keep your composite & uPVC doors looking pristine and in good condition. They can be kept clean by giving them a quick clean every month. However, you could do this as much as like depending on how quickly your door becomes dirty. We find that giving your doors a quick clean monthly will help to keep your door looking brand new.
Cleaning Your Composite or uPVC Door.
- Before cleaning the door you will need a bucket of hot soapy water and a micro fibre cloth. Do not use anything that has abrasive as it may scratch the surface of the door. The warm soapy water will help to remove grime and dirt that has built upon the door.
- The soapy water can also be used to clean the uPVC frame of your door. Make sure to open the door fully so that you can get into all the edges and frames. This will help to remove any dirt that has become lodged which may be affecting the door when it comes to closing.
- Get a second fresh bucket of soapy water and use it with a clean cloth to clean your glass windows on the door. Dry the glass using a soft towel or micro fibre towel. Use glass cleaner if you want to give it that extra shine.
- Last but not least use the warm water to clean your letterbox, door handles and any other accessories on the door with a micro fibre cloth or towel.
- Once you have finished washing all of your uPVC door or composite door you will want to dry it with a cloth. Now you can admire your door again.
These simple steps will help to keep your composite or uPVC door looking in new condition without having to make much effort. You do not need any fancy expensive cleaning products to get the job done. A simple bucket of soapy warm water and a micro fibre cloth will do the job. Anyone who has a uPVC door or Composite door can follow this simple guide to get their door looking new once again.